Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dreams?

For some reason I really want to go to the beach. I dreamed about it. It was interesting, although most of it was rather blurry.
I dreamed about a lot of things last night. Most of them only lasted seconds, were only tiny clips until they faded into another part of my dreams.
I must say that none of my dreams were that interesting, there was probably only one that caught my attention. I was driving in the car with mom, and we had passed by a mountain. I recognized the mountain, although I don't know how I recognized it, and I said, "Mom, I want to go to that mountain someday."
My mom looked at me quizzically, since it wasn't that magical of a mountain. "Why, baby?"
"Because I want to see the tree," I said as I looked at where the tree should have been.
She continued driving, we had passed the mountain now. "A tree?"
"Yes." After a moment of silence, I explained, "I dreamed about it. Before I ever saw it. Have you ever had that happen to you? Well, this tree... It must be special, right? If it's real and I know where it is, but I've never seen it? I've seen it in two dreams now. There must be something there...."
My thoughts drifted off into silence, and I sat peacefully in the car while my mom drove. After several minutes' passing, my mom promised me to take me to the tree.

It was a very short clip as well, but I have dreamed about the same location twice. It's probably one of the simplest dreams held dear to me, a simple image of a tree, high up in a mountain, overlooking our lake, with a crystal-clear river running coolly through the mountain.

...But I've never seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment