Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's Raining

It's raining. It's amazing. It's wonderful. I don't know why I have such a great connection with rain, or why I love it so much. I just do.

I was looking out the window, watching the lights come up in the sky, followed by a small rumbling. Eventually the actual rays of lightning became visible, and the wind started blowing. A storm must be coming, I thought. It was obvious. I just had to sit back and wait for the rain to come. And suddenly it did. It was beautiful. The electricity came out, and all I could see was the lightning and the rain. The electricity came back on, and I started to worry about the dogs since they were outside. I went to the door, and I could hear the rain coming down on the porch, so close to where I was standing. I wanted to go out there, to feel the cold rain on my skin. So I did. The wind was much fiercer outside, but so magnificent. I walked through the rain, into the mancave to get Cabo, and put him inside. I stayed outside, wanting the moment to last a little longer, so I walked very slowly, my bare feet slightly slipping on the tile, splashing in the puddles towards the garage to check if Ruby was there. The rain was coming down hard and cold, splashing on my bare arms and feet. I got to the garage, made absolutely sure that Ruby wasn't there, and decided that she was safely inside my parent's room. I didn't want to go back inside, so I walked around the yard, getting colder by the minute with just my nightdress on. I spread my arms up to the sky, and felt the water and wind around me. I had to go back inside, though. So I went inside, locked the door, and went up to the terrace, so I could look and be in the rain there. The rain was running off the roof tiles, line by line, and it made me feel... Safe, for some reason. I looked out to the lake, and couldn't see anything except for the wind blowing the rain into cold vapor, so that it looked like wisps of smoke. I walked over to the end of the terrace, so the rain was blowing into my face, and I started shivering again. I looked out to the sky, and thought, this is God's blessing. I'm not usually very spiritual, so to say, but I felt that this was a gift from God to us. And I felt happy. Joyful even. I started laughing, and stuck my tongue out to taste the rain. It tasted so fresh, and nice. I had a feeling of pure euphoria surging through my veins. The cold had sunk almost all the way to my bones, and I was shivering and laughing at the same time. I loved the feeling. I wanted it to keep on raining, so the precious drops of water would sink into my very soul and leave an imprint there. I was so content. Eventually, though, it got too cold, I couldn't resist the temptation of coming into the warm house and sleep. I felt that I needed to tell someone this, and who better than my followers? So I got on the laptop and started typing this. I love rain. I honestly do. I don't call my blog Dancing in the Rain for nothing. And once I finish this, I think I'm going to go back outside and actually dance in the rain.

I hope you enjoy the rain as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing writer! I loved this...and I love the rain, too.

    ReplyDelete