Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just thinking out loud...

So, what if there really isn't a God? Would we all go to Hell, or Purgatory, reincarnate, or just cease to exist? I mean, we have a soul, but what if when your body dies, your soul dies as well? But I really doubt that. If your soul died with your body, then what is the point? You get a spirit and body for a short amount of time, and then you just-- die? That sounds improbable. We have souls, so that we can take those souls to the next realm and enjoy-- Or suffer-- for the rest of eternity. I mean, that's what they're for, right?
I'm not saying I don't believe in God or that I'm having doubts, I'm just thinking.

But there is a God. I mean, look around you. Why do we have clothes on our backs or roofs over our heads? Actually, why are WE here?! Because God put us there. Doesn't it seem improbable that the world evolved and formed over billions of years? Like I read in a book once, "The universe evolving over millions of years so that the world can have plants and people and animals can live, there being an atmosphere, the perfect distance from the Sun and all, is about as improbable as a tornado passing by a car junk yard, and creating a Ford Lobo 2009." (Well, that's my version.) But isn't the theory of Evolution a little far-fetched? Just the whole perfection, the beings creating the circle of life so perfectly, some stupid little explosion couldn't have done that. The only answer would be a higher being than ourselves creating it. Why is that so hard to believe?

God put us on this world to worship him, so that we could go to Heaven. I mean, he made us for His sake! We wouldn't be here without him. He. Created. Us. Because. He. Loved. Us. Why can't people accept that? Maybe in their lives they have had great times, and they think, "Oh, why do I need God when I'm having such a great time? I don't need Him, I've got my friends!" Or when they're having hardships, they're like, "There isn't a God, or else this wouldn't be happening to me. So there is no God." But don't they get it? When they are having a great life, or a good day, God is blessing them. And when they're not, He is testing them. Or just life is taking its course. I just don't see how people are so... Blind.

I just don't get it. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm being judgmental, but seriously, it makes me think...

No comments:

Post a Comment